KANEKA products for rapid genetic testsKaneka Thinks Wellness First
(Vol.15)The product manual download page has been opened!
(Vol.14)(Kaneka Official Web)Introducing Kaneka's Technologies and Products to Fight Novel Coronavirus!
Our website has been redesigned!
(Vol.13)Kaneka will be exhibiting at “virtual.MEDICA／COMPAMED 2020” with JETRO(Japan External Trade Organization).(November 16, 2020 – November 19, 2020)
（Updated)(Vol.7)We are exhibiting at “Care & Industry together against CORONA”, March 30, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
In recent years, genetic analysis and testing technology play important roles in detecting pathogen(especially, infectious diseases) and treating diseases based on individual genetic information. Based on the concept of “faster” and “simpler” genetic testing, Kaneka developed “Kaneka Nucleic Acid Chromatography”, which can detect multiple types of PCR amplification products in approximately 10 minutes, and “Kaneka Easy DNA Extraction Kit” for extracting nucleic acids from samples in approximately 10 minutes. We are currently developing and evolving kits that combine these products and technologies to detect pathogen genes faster and simpler.
KANEKA Direct RT-qPCR Kit “SARS-CoV-2”
This diagnostic testing kit for the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) uses primers and probes that comply with the “2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time rRT-PCR Panel Primer and probe (Effective: 24 Jan 2020)” issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A simple prep process that does not require purification and the One-step RT-qPCR method allows detection of SARS-CoV-2 from nasopharyngeal swab and saliva in about 1 hour.
- The uniquely developed simple pretreatment process does not require spin column purification or centrifugation (conventionally taking about 10 steps and 1 to 2 hours), and only 5 minutes of heating is necessary to extract RNA.
- It has been confirmed that the kit is fully capable of detection from saliva and nasopharyngeal swab samples. Since it is qualified to test with saliva, the burden on the patient and the sample collector can be reduced (therefore the risk of droplet infection may also be reduced).
Product Line of KANEKA Direct RT-qPCR Kit (Research Reagent)
・Storage Temperature: Below -20℃
・Expiration Date：1 year from manufacturing
This testing kit was validated in a government report, “Validation of 2019-nCoV gene testing method in which evaluation results were obtained using clinical specimens”, (published by the National Institute of Infectious Diseases and the Tuberculosis and Infectious Diseases Control Division of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan), and is covered by public medical insurance in Japan.
- “Validation of 2019-nCoV gene testing method in which evaluation results were obtained using clinical specimens”
- ＞＞If you have any questions about this kit or would like a sample, please contact us at your convenience.
In addition, many new products are currently in the R&D phase.
(Updated announcements will be released in the News column.)
Kaneka Nucleic Acid Chromatography
“Kaneka Nucleic Acid Chromatography”
Compared to conventional methods (immunochromatography, culture methods and electrophoresis, etc.), it is much faster and simpler testing. Example: When detecting Salmonella, the time to achieve result is reduced from 4-5 days to 24 hours at shortest.
It has earned high praises in the medical field, mainly in infectious diseases field, and in the fields of agriculture, livestock and fisheries. And, in collaboration with Japanese and overseas research institutions and in-vitro diagnostic drug manufacturers, we are furthering R&D and overseas business development efforts of in-vitro diagnostics for infectious diseases and detection kits for agricultural, livestock, fishery and food products.
・“Kaneka Nucleic Acid Chromatography” has proved its performance as a thermal cycler for Life Eco from Bioer Technology Co., Ltd.
・The initial installation cost for the necessary equipment and device, including the thermal cycler, is approximately $4,800(USD).
- Special equipment such as electrophoresis layer or transilluminator is not required.
- Special knowledge such as electrophoresis is not required. Since the operation is simple, even people without experience in gene manipulation can use it with only about half a day of training.
- Does not use carcinogenic reagents (DNA staining reagent: ethidium bromide).
- The electrophoresis method takes about 100 minutes to determine the result after PCR, but in comparison Kaneka Nucleic Acid Chromatography can produce results in 10 minutes.
- Application history in many facilities including hospitals, inspection centers, meat hygiene inspection labs, food and feed producers.
- One test strip can detect up to 5 items simultaneously. Customization available for specific gene detection kit according to customer requirements (microorganisms, cancer, genetically modified crops, allergens, etc.).
Kaneka Nucleic Acid Chromatography Research Product Line
Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC)
Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli (EPEC)
Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC)
Enteroinvasive Escherichia coli (EIEC)
Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli (EAEC)
Cannabis grass DNA
Salmonella spp.、Salmonella O4 group、Salmonella O7 group、Salmonella O9 group
Verotoxin1 (VT1)、Verotoxin2 (VT2)
Mycobacteroides chelonae (M. chelonae)
Mycolicibacterium peregrinum (M. peregrinum)
Mycolicibacterium fortuitum (M. fortuitum)
Mycobacteroides abscessus subsp. abscessus (M. abscessus)
Mycobacteroides abscessus subsp. bolletii (M. bolletii)
Mycobacteroides abscessus subsp. massiliense (M. massiliense)
・Storage temperature: Room temp.（2℃～30℃)）Test strips, Chase buffer
Freezer (below -20℃) Amplification enzyme mix, Primer mix.
・Expiration Date: 1 year from manufacturing
New products under development
Kaneka Easy DNA Extraction Kit Version 2
Extracting DNA from a specific sample, treatment with an organic solvent or enzyme and using a centrifugal separator is indispensable, but these process takes over an hour. So, there was a demand for a kit that could extract the DNA faster and simpler.
In response, we developed a technology that can easily extract DNA from a sample in about 10 minutes. With Kaneka Easy DNA Extraction Kit will simplify and speed up the DNA extraction needs.
- Proprietary technology eliminates the need for spin column purification and centrifugation, allowing DNA extraction with only a 10-minute incubation.
- Crushing is not required for hard samples, such as seeds and roots, for which DNA extraction is difficult, and DNA can be extracted by incubating for about 10 minutes.
- The kit consists of two reagents and can be stored at room temperature
(2 to 30 ℃)
- If the number of samples is large, bulk products can be sold. Please inquire us at your convenience.
- Genomic DNA can be extracted from animal tissues (mouse tail, skin, cartilage, liver, spleen, kidney, ear, heart, lung, brain, and other various organs), plant tissues (leaves, roots, stems, seeds), bacteria and fungi, viruses, blood, cells, and feces.
Kaneka Easy DNA Extraction Kit Version 2 is best suited for the following use:
・Storage temperature: Room temperature (2 to 30 ℃)
・Expiration Date: 1 year from manufacturing
＞＞If you have any questions about KANEKA Easy DNA Extraction Kit version 2, or if you are interested in purchasing it, please contact the distributors listed on the following link.
Kaneka Easy RNA Extraction Kit (for RT-PCR)
RNA extract applicable for RT-PCR can be obtained by simply adding the reagents to the sample (blood, cultured cells, etc.) and heating it. The operation requires about 30 minutes and since no organic solvent or special equipment is necessary, it shortens processing time and make extraction easier than the spin column method.
– Applicable samples –
- Applicable samples: Blood and cells
- Application: Gene expression analysis (RT-PCR)
・Storage temperature: Reagent A (-20℃ to 4 ℃)
Frozen: DNase I (below -20℃)
・Expiration Date: 1 year from manufacturing
＞＞Please inquire us for pricings and other details
MyAbscope™ Color sensor device with thermostats
A portable color sensor that can complete three steps of pretreatment, amplification, and detection required for nucleic acid detection with one device. It weighs approximately 2kg in a A4 paper size and can be operated by batteries. For example, by using it in medical facilities, airports, and harbors that do not have labs, you can obtain bacteria and other detection results quickly on the spot. Currently used in facilities that perform isothermal nucleic acid amplification methods such as the LAMP method and enzyme reaction measurements.
- Capable of colorimetric analysis such as isothermal nucleic acid amplification method by LAMP method and enzyme reaction.
- Genetic testing by the isothermal nucleic acid amplification method requires multiple expensive dedicated devices, but one MyAbscope will provide pretreatment, amplification, and detection, all in one.
- It comes in A4 paper size and weighs approximately 2kg
- MyAbscope can be powered by a mobile battery, so it can be used outdoors or in places where the power supply is unreliable.
- 8 hours of continuous use with a battery (23,000mAh) for laptops.
- Countries that comply with laws and regulations (Radio Law, Electrical Safety Law): Japan & Thailand. Preparations are underway in other countries.
Kaneka Microtube （0.2ml 8 tubes, flat caps included）
8 link tubes 120
- ＞＞Please inquire us for pricings and other details